Energy Cleansing Techniques
This past month I have been traveling and working in different places. It has come to my attention that many people are unaware of ways to cleanse and protect their energies. So, this month I’d like to concentrate on this important practice.
This is something I teach in my five-day workshop. If you are psychically active or sensitive or work with people and their issues on a regular basis then this is probably one of the most important exercises to remember. We are all forgetful of this practice but like taking a shower in the morning or stopping at a red traffic light, remembering can save our skins.
Here are a few ways to cleanse and protect yourself and your space.
- The simplest way of cleansing is using thought. I always imagine light cleansing and protecting my personal space and the space I work in. I always say, “No darkness can live in the light.” Whenever you need cleansing either at the beginning of the day, before you go to bed, between clients, or when you enter a public space imagine light like a waterfall or a spotlight above your head showering down upon you and cleansing you all the way through your body on every level of your being. You will find a regular practice on this link.
- Smudging is a good way of cleansing. Native Americans believe that sage takes negative energy up to spirit to be transformed. Personally I prefer to use a smudge stick made of sage rather than the loose leaves. Use a large feather to waft the smoking sage into your auric field and the space you in habit. Dried herbs are usually used but you can also use a fresh piece of sage and just move it through your auric field.
- Incense can be used in the same way by burning a piece of charcoal and placing the herbs or resin on top. Once lit allow the charcoal disc to turn white before placing the incense on top. Also remember to place the charcoal in a fireproof container. I have a brass cauldron I like to use. There are many different kinds of incense but Copal is probably one of the best for cleansing. Again use a feather smudge stick to waft the energies into your auric field and your personal space.
- “Cleanliness is next to Godliness.” Take a shower or a bath to cleanse energy. Salt such as Epsom salts are perfect in a bath. You can also use a salt scrub in the shower. Salt is a cleansing agent and is well know in the Craft as a protective agent.
- Crystals can help protect and cleanse your energy. The most obvious one is quartz crystal, but I remember a lady coming to see me who wore a smoky quartz Vogel crystal. I couldn’t get into her energy until I’d asked permission of the crystal and it somehow checked my energy out. Amethyst is also a great cleanser if you work on a computer. Place a cluster on or need the computer to neutralize the electromagnetic energy it transmits. One the subject of computers you can also use plants to soak up the vibrations.
- Although this is usually for grounding it feels like hugging a tree will help to protect you.
- One day I watched a performance and felt some strange energy coming from one of the performers. I asked spirit to protect me. Immediately two people stood up in front of two either side of me, then someone came to stand behind me. I was protected from all sides. It is something so simple that we tend to forget but very powerful. So, if you feel that you need cleansing or protection just ask your guides for help. They might send a thunderstorm so just be careful what you ask for!
- I use a wonderful gift from Aura Soma called the “Serapis Bey” Quintessence. It is in liquid form and cleanses both my auric field and my space. You can make a spray from water and aromatherapy oils such as rosemary, which is cleansing, lavender, also cleansing and protective, or any oil you intuitively feel will help diminish negative energy.
- From a protective standpoint you can also use a blue bubble with lilac flames on its edges. These are the Guardian Angel colors so will help protect you or you space from harm.
- Sound is an effective cleanser. Clapping your hands, using bells, chimes, crystal bowls, music, singing, anything that has a vibrational energy that can change stagnant energy helps.
- Blessing is a simple way to cleanse and protect. You can say a blessing or prayer, you can bless water and infuse it with your light and healing and then drink it, or spritz with it or sprinkle it throughout your space.
These are just a few suggestions to help give you some ideas of ways to cleanse and protect. I have some further information on the articles page. You’ll find some energy exercises to help you if you work as healers, and a meditation to help bring in protective light, ground and center you for the day.